The project, starting from the Good Practice created by the “FABU.LA– Financial And Business Learning Activities Game” KA2 Strategic Partnerships for Schools project, code 2015-1-IT02-KA201-015397, which exploited the edutainment logic, i.e. educating while having fun, to involve, motivate and enthuse Primary School children as regards entrepreneurship and financial literacy, expands its scope and range of action, experimenting with innovative forms of interactive, gamified and laboratory teaching to develop in the students of classes IV and V (9-11 years of age) of Primary Schools in Italy, Spain and Greece a consciousness, knowledge and ability to adopt behaviours oriented to the circular economy, experimenting and, at the same time, producing new creative and inventive ideas for an early entrepreneurial vision in the field of re-use and recycling of resources and materials.
The project strategy described falls within the objectives of Agenda 2030, which poses an epochal challenge: “to transmit to all students the knowledge and skills necessary to promote sustainable development” by re-orienting the traditional way of governing, producing and consuming, but also that of educating and to “teaching”. On the other hand, sustainable development cannot be built without a cultural change that must start from education systems, at all levels, and whose urgency and improcrastinability is now evident to everyone.
1. the creation of Open Educational Resources in the form of virtual tours consisting of 360° images, to allow students to make an immersive and interactive visit in some locations that symbolize their daily lives (home, park, school, etc.) to accompany them to an early cultural leap to face the challenge of the circular model with full awareness, moving from the concept of disvalue inherent to waste to that of value, and then to learn the transformation process of each single material they will encounter along the virtual path.
In support of the OER we will also produce:
– a Teachers’ handbook containing the guidelines useful for carrying out activities in the classroom in the best possible way, providing teachers with adequate technical and didactic support to guide students in the use of virtual tours
– a Student’s Handbook which will be an easy-to-read booklet to allow young students to learn about the learning path in all its phases, in order to be guided in the use of both the various stages of the virtual tour
2. the conception and creation of the CIRCLE Game: Circular Learning Evaluation Game to hone the target skills and evaluate the achievement of the Learning outcomes corresponding to the training objectives programmed by the virtual tours in a playful-didactic learning context.
3. the design of the methodological manual of the Circular Creativity Labs for Entrepreneurship – CiCLE to allow teachers to conduct educational workshops aimed at developing the creativity, inventiveness and entrepreneurship of young students to give waste a “second life”, transforming it into something artistically and entrepreneurially new.
4. the methodological alignment of a pool of partnership teachers through a transnational mobility on the “CiCLE” model to hold the Circular Creativity Labs for Entrepreneurship and facilitate discussion, individual and group work, to enable young learners to apply the knowledge they have learned and translate it into “Re-CiCLE” ideas.
5. Testing by the students of the partner schools involved, with the support of the teaching staff, of the OER, of further in-depth materials, of the handbooks and of the CIRCLE Game.